Liam's 1st Day at Home!

I am oh-so-tired, but feel I owe you an update after finally reading all awesome posts that Katie did for us and the comments all of you left for us. I am so touched and thankful for the friends and family we have - and I think it's fantastic how we have been able to share our most amazing moments with you. I am going to print everything out and put it in Liam's baby book - it's such a cool way to show him his "story."
So... although we were allowed to stay another day at the hospital, we were just too excited to take Liam home, and since we were both healthy they let us check out early and home we came Friday night. At first, it felt so good to be home, but when night time came I was regretting the decision - let's just say I was ready to drive him right back to St. Lukes! Without Todd, I don't know how I would have made it through the night - what a good daddy and husband! But as always things looked better in the morning and the day went well... we unpacked, worked on getting organized, and figured out how to video Skype with Dad ("Poppa") and Granny and Aunt Tessa - that was very cool! It doesn't sound like we did a lot, but it sure felt like it - what am I going to do without my caffeine?!!
Funny story - must've been about 3 or 4 in the morning when we went to change Li's diaper after another feeding and he did, what little boys do when you take off their diaper - it took a while to figure out where our little shower was coming from before we could cover it up... too late, had to change his diaper again, his clothes, our clothes, the changing table stuff, wash off his face and the furniture - sheesh!! Gotta remember to use the peepee teepees every time!
Liam was fantastic all day today though - of course it doesn't hurt to have 2 Grandma's, an Auntie and and "auntie" around to hold him. He and I worked on breastfeeding today - it is so hard, but mommies gotta be tough... if only he wouldn't fall asleep 2 minutes into it! It's painful, but as I grit my teeth I thank God and pray for my son - I really feel so thankful for him and priveleged to spend that time with him. We run the gamut of emotions throughout the day - that's for sure! Ok, to avoid falling asleep on the keyboard, I think I'm going to say goodnight and post more, hopefully with pictures, tomorrow. Love you all!!

Comments

  1. Brian's giggling at the pee-pee story. Ha! It has to happen to everybody once, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jessica! He is so cute and I am so excited for you. Having a baby is such a blessing enjoy every minute. Lily is already 7 weeks old and is growing and changing every day. I am having a shower the Sunday of Presidents weekend. If you are feeling up to it and need to get out of the house let me know. I didn't have your address and I knew you were having the baby so I understand if you can't make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jessica and Todd! He sure is cute and we sure have enjoyed checking on all of you for the past several days. Thanks so much for making these pictures available and updated information available to family that is so far away and unable to be there with you. We feel like we are already getting to know him a little without physically being there with him. God has truly blessed you with a beautiful baby boy! Great Aunt Sharon in Tennessee

    ReplyDelete
  4. We couldn't use the pee pee teepee's.. my son just giggles and moves to much for them to make much since. It is pretty hillarious when they squirt themselves in the eye though.

    Congratulations! Boys are so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts